Do small businesses need CRM, the answer is a definite ‘Yes’ – as a small business owner, you are aware, of course, that CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management.
It is possible that you are already using it in the day to day functioning of your business, but you may not even be aware of it. Each time you interact with a customer, or prospective client, you will need to record the information regarding the contact. It would definitely be an advantage to know more about your client, as you can offer them personalized services and better customized products. You would also want to know exactly how to target the customers’ requirements.
CRM is a systematic blend of the strategies, methods, and best practices to collate all this information and organize it in a way that can be conveniently and quickly accessed thereby accelerating your business processes.Today, we find that more and more customers expect to be treated in a personal way. If you were to send a mail, either by post or by email, be sure to address the recipient by name rather than the impersonal ‘Dear Customer’. The personal touch does count a lot. A good CRM is essential to be able to do this is an effective way. By utilizing a good CRM software, all information is linked to the customer with a few mouse clicks and you can compose any list you want.
Therefore CRM is a must in small companies as it is in large businesses, as it helps to streamline customer relations, improve communication, and speed up sales processes. There are many software modules which makes the job seamless and highly satisfactory for both the customer and the business.
There are innumerable advantages in implementing CRM software in your small business. Some of the significant benefits are as follows:
- It becomes the central source for all your information regarding your business contacts, vendors, suppliers, existing customers, and potential customers.
- You will be able to easily keep track of all interactions with contacts, including emails , phone calls, and meetings.
- You will also be able to monitor and manage the sales process, follow leads, and plan new marketing strategies.
Before installation of the CRM software, it is essential to analyse your business needs.
- Make a list of the different methods of communication that you may require – e-mail, mail, and telephone.
- List out the customers where you have to personalize your communication, as well as other target groups.
- List out your customers as per their geographic location.
- The amount of transparency required for your sales and orders portfolio.
- systematic approach avoids all duplication of work and so you can be sure that no two sales people are following the same leads.
- Easier generation of reports.
- Following or understanding marketing, purchase, and sales trends, and identification of key performance indicators becomes easier.